Saturday, October 3, 2009

Education galore!!!!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Portland for a 2 day "Innkeeping Bootcamp" hosted at the gorgeous Danforth Inn (by far my favorite place to stay in Portland). If you are wondering if I am in the market to buy an Inn, that is actually not true (well for now anyway :-)). I am going to take the class to learn more about the process a buyer and innkeeper go through when purchasing an Inn, or in other words purchasing a lifestyle. Our company, The Swan Agency Sotheby's International Realty has a specialty division that markets B&Bs and other lodging properties, so this is all content I should know by now. I feel that the more I can learn about during a somewhat "slow/down" market the better I will be in the future. Although, I don't feel much of a slowdown right now, craziness.
SOO...from the Innkeeping Bootcamp in Portland, I'll be heading up the coast of Maine to the Maine Association of Realtors convention hosted at The Samoset Resort (another fave of mine). From there I'll take several courses and I'm sure be overloaded with info come Thursday. This is my first MAR convention, and so I hear there is a lot of work but also a lot of play...I'll keep you posted with that.

Since I'll be gone for a few days I'm cooking up some food for the Mister - who normally can survive on black bean burritos. So far I've made him some crazy egg dishes - he prefers me not to call it quiche? oh boys.

I'll be blogging, facebooking and tweeting from both conventions so to keep up check me out:
@erica_bates
facebook.com/ericabates

No comments:

Post a Comment