Thursday, October 29, 2009

First things first...


I just read a friends newest post to her blog, and it made me so happy for her! She mentioned how hard, yet important it is to take one step at a time and really get through the moment of NOW. That really hit home with me, especially at this funny strange time of "late twenties." I am finding that I often want to live many different lives - but yet, need to focus all of my needs/desires/goals into just ONE! As if I already don't have a "focus" problem right?!
Anyway, it is a funny thing to really think that we are groomed our whole childhood pretty much to figure out the PLAN. What type of job/career will you have? What type of partnership? Kids/no kids, where to live, the list goes on. I am not impressed that my 20s are coming to an end soon (well, 2.5 years away still) and I am not checking off some of these big things, but truth be told instead of checking some of these things off, I find that I'm nervous even making the choice to check them off. Of course I can't help but read into all this...as usual :-)

I will stick to my good friend's advice in her newest blog post and have faith in the power of now....as they say first things first.

No comments:

Post a Comment