Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Time Buyer Tax Credit EXTENDED

I am so happy to have represented another first time buyer!! It is so amazing seeing the joy on a new homeowners face when they actually get through piles of paperwork and are officially a HOMEOWNER! I recently represented a buyer who thought it might not be a reality to own a home - and I was so proud that they made it through all the inspections and bank appointments to find at the end of the tunnel there was their new home.

Sometimes I really do forget how rewarding my job can be (I feel like I need that after some of the roller coaster deals that fall through though, ha). How lucky are we to live in a country that encourages home ownership (especially right now w/ the help of the 1st time buyer tax credit). I was at another closing recently when my buyer (after signing pounds of paperwork) said "somehow I think it was easier when we all just staked our claim w/ a flag in the ground." Of course I envisioned the Wild West and people running for their "claim" yikes - I guess those would have been the days...

To get back to my subject line (oh yes I struggle with focus), some great news for those 1st time buyers who haven't found the right house yet - the tax credit has been extended through April 30, 2010. There are still some GREAT buys out there, so let's go looking?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment